Category Archives: vSphere5
Yesterday i was testing none XIV storage to XIV migration. Very interesting that LUN is somehow discovered but no way to see it as a datastore.
I tried to recognize datastore with existing signature or push to re-signature it but still datastore was not available.
I checked the log file vmkernel under /var/log and understand there is an issue with reservation somehow.
3th article on list said that this issue caused VAAI enabled and ATS Only datastores, but it should be fixed with 5.0 Update 1 and 5.1 but i was using 5.1 and not yet tested with 5.5
After disable VAAI like below vmware recognized the datastore.
esxcli system settings advanced set -i 0 -o /VMFS3/HardwareAcceleratedLocking
I guess for vmware point of view or virtualization point of view still storage vmotion is better way to migrate.
Some articles from vmware
We had an issue about after upgrade vSphere 5.0 to 5.1
Somehow, when loaded or not loaded 5.1 nodes goes down , this is not only about upgrade, fresh installs have same issue
We fixed the issue with vmware with execute such command on console “esxcli system settings advanced set -o /BufferCache/MinZeroCopyBufferLength -i 512” . This command need a restart of node
After long tests we saw that there is no issue with it and vmware inform that with ESXi 5.1 Patch 01 problem will be solved.
You can find out what i got an errors
Also vmware inform that this is not hardware issue looks like software issue
Related Screen Shots ;
We have an issue about NPAR / VMWARE / QME8242-k. Issues and problems are below , we are waiting update from Dell , if we got it i will inform from this article.
- We are using QME8242-k NICs connected to PCM8024-k switch.
- When VMs are on the same host they can communicate.
- When you migrate a VM it cannot communicate with the VMs on the other hosts.
- When you make FTP or data transfer with E1000 card on VM after some minutes or seconds network card loose it self, same issue is not available on VXNET3
- When you copy something between two nodes via FTP or CIFS you will see that transfer rate is so so small KB/s