VNX Disk Fails Couse IBM SVC Cluster Error
Yesterday we saw that disk failures on VNX side are effecting IBM SVC.
Yes very interesting but it is. You can find out related explanation below (pls check number 4 because until that step you believe the its a controller issue why disk). I believe that this is really hard issue for storage admins which try to fix both side, first fix the VNX second fix the IBM SVC. The same issue is not available on DS series storages.
Error ID = 10011 : Remote Port excluded for a specific Managed Disk
Error Code = 1220 : Remote FC port excluded
THIS IS AN EXTERNAL ISSUE REPORTED BY THE SVC. NOT AN SVC FAULT
Possible Cause: A remote fibre-channel port has been excluded.
SAN Volume Controller 2145-8G4: N/A
SAN Volume Controller 2145-8F4: N/A
SAN Volume Controller 2145-8F2: N/A
SAN Volume Controller 2145-4F2: N/A
Other: Enclosure/controller fault (50%); Fibre-channel network fabric (50%)
1. View the error log. Note the MDisk ID associated with the error code.
2. From the MDisk, determine the failing disk controller ID.
3. Refer to the service documentation for the disk controller and the fibre-channel network to resolve the reported problem.
4. After the disk drive is repaired, start a cluster discovery operation to recover the excluded fibre-channel port by rescanning the fibre-channel network.
5. To restore MDisk online status, include the managed disk that you noted in step 1.
6. Check the status of the disk controller. If all disk controllers show a ″good″ status, mark the error that you have just repaired, ″fixed.″
7. If all disk controllers do not show a good status, contact your support center to resolve the problem with the disk controller.
8. Go to repair verification MAP.
Posted on 10/12/2011, in IBM, VNX and tagged Cluster Error, Disk Failure, EMC, Error Code = 1220, Error ID = 10011, IBM SVC, Remote FC port excluded, Remote Port excluded for a specific Managed Disk, VNX, VNX 5500. Bookmark the permalink. Leave a comment.